ApexCare was proud to be one of the sponsors for the 2017 Senior Rally Day at the California State Capitol on May 11, 2017.
This is an amazing event where the public and state legislature representatives come together to advocate for seniors on critical topics such as the following:
1. Affordable Housing Programs for seniors
2. Funding for Caregiver Resource Centers
3. Increasing the Medi-Cal monthly personal needs allowance
4. Tax credits for certain expenses incurred by family caregivers
5. Enabling access to federal funds by establishing the Aging and Disability Resource Connection program.
6. Restoring SSP/SSI cuts to lift individuals out of poverty
7. Maintaining Long-Term Ombudsman Programs to protect long-term care residents.
8. Fund senior nutrition programs
9. Sustain senior advocacy and engagement by supporting the California Senior Legislature
We believe that our older adult community and population have specific needs that need to be communicated strongly to our state legislators. In California, 7,000 Californians turn 65 every week. 20% of Californians will be over the age of 65 in 2030. 70% of people over 65 years old will need Long-Term Care services and support. 63% of seniors have not planned for the future in-home care needs and many believe that Medicare will cover these Long-Term care needs, which it will not.
Our seniors are among our community’s most valuable assets and ApexCare is proud to support and to promote their interests.
Since then, I have had a strong interest in helping and supporting our senior community as they age and are unable to care for themselves.Coming from a family of physicians, I am excited to be involved in the medical community by providing the highest levels of non-clinical in-home care to our clients and their families.With my work experience, I firmly believe that ApexCare can touch many lives and have a great impact on our local senior community.
Prior to joining ApexCare, I worked in a wide variety of industries and have owned multiple businesses ranging from construction to mortgage banking.Outside of work, I am an active youth soccer and basketball coach, having coached recreational soccer for over 8 years and elementary school basketball for over 4 years.I graduated with a BS in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and received a Masters of Management degree from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.My career has been focused on building great organizations that deliver the highest absolute levels of service to our clients.I look forward to continuing this passion with ApexCare.
Latest posts by Jason Wu, President (see all)
- Happy Times Cafe Spring Tea – May 11, 2017 - May 22, 2017
- How Can You Get Comfortable Asking Family Members for Extra Support? - May 16, 2017
- Age with Movement Celebration - May 16, 2017